There are 5 main types of cooker hobs. These are: ceramic, induction, solid-plate electric hobs, gas and gas glass hobs
- - Gas: The great thing about gas hobs are they are easy to use and great heat distribution around the bottom of the pan. However, they need to be installed by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- - Induction: The great thing about induction hobs is they are a quick, safe and efficient way of cooking. However, they are expensive and require special pans.
- - Ceramic: The great thing about ceramic hobs is that they are easy to clean. However, the heat distribution isn't great compared to gas hobs.
- - Gas on glass: The great thing about Gas on glass hobs is they are much easier to clean than traditional gas hobs. However, the main disadvantage is the slower heating up.
- - Electric plates - The great thing about electric plate hobs is they are cheapest type of hob you will find however they don't perform as well as other job types.
As most of us will use the cooker hob much more than the oven, it is even more vital to choose the right type of hob for your cooking needs.